Each semester is broken into four, four-week units, primarily covering one skill area while progressing through World History. Click on the links below to follow the course assignments and classroom instructional videos. The school year starts on August 12th and content will be added as the course progresses.
CLICK PREVIOUS UNIT HEADINGS TO REVISIT EARLIER LESSONS AND CONTENT
Persia to Islam
Age of Exploration to Enlightenment
Russia to Latin American Revolutions
Persia, Greece, Rome, Han, European Middle Ages, Islam
- Create Timeline - Combining Major Events of Early Civilizations
- Intro to the Persian War
- Finish Timeline
- Read/watch the film Engineering an Empire: Persia on the video page to answer the question "To what extent are Persians/Iranians accurate in claiming they are home to one of the most glorious civilizations in human history?" Categorize notes int major areas of achievement. Be sure to include relevant specific quotes that best explain the situation/contribution.
Creating Timeline for First Unit
Hollywood's Depiction of the Persian Empire - 300
- Begin to answer the question - "Which entity had the more glorious, impactful golden age - the Persian Empire or Athenian Greece?"
- Watch "Crash Course - The Persians and Greeks"
- Frame the question - "What's the point of being alive - 1) longest, healthiest, most productive lives for all humans, or 2) lives where we pursue a great ideal?" - In our world, how do we define that ideal?
- Small Group Discussion - To what extent are Persians/Iranians accurate in claiming they are home to one of the most glorious civilizations in human history?
- No Homework. Enjoy your youth. Hug your parents and thank them for the world they've provided for you.